10 Enjoyable Points to view and Do in Alabama's Mobile Bay Area
Will you be visiting Mobile Bay, Alabama in the near future?
Mobile Bay refers to Mobile County and the Eastern Shore of Baldwin County, an area that encompasses the cities of:
- Dauphin Island
- Spanish Fort
- Other surrounding towns.
Are you wondering what is there to do in the Mobile Bay area of Alabama? Here are ten must-see attractions in Mobile County and the Eastern Shore region of Baldwin County!
10 Popular Mobile Bay Attractions and Activities
1. Battleship USS Alabama/Submarine USS Drum — Go back in time when you step onboard the Battleship USS Alabama and the Submarine USS Drum. The tours are interesting, educational, and enjoyable. There’s also an impressive military aircraft display on the grounds.
2. Bellingrath Gardens and Home No visit to Mobile Bay is complete without a tour of Bellingrath Gardens.
3. Dauphin Island Sea Lab Estuarium If you’re interested in learning more about marine life in the Gulf of Mexico and Mobile Bay area, you’ll be delighted by a visit to the Estuarium at the Dauphin Island Sea Lab.
4. Eastern Shore Centre If you want to enjoy a great shopping, dining, and entertainment experience during your trip, take a ride to the Eastern Shore Centre where you can browse department stores and specialty boutiques, relax by the dancing fountain, take in a movie, or enjoy a great meal.
5. Fairhope Pier If you want to enjoy an up close and personal experience with the Bay, take a drive to Fairhope Pier. You can play on the beach, go for a swim, stroll above the water on the pier, or go fishing. It’s a great place to spend an afternoon or an evening.
6. Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center/IMax Visit Mobile’s hands-on science museum. Hands-on-Hall, http://www-scf.usc.edu/~munarett/hikingEnergy.html the permanent exhibit, is a great place for kids to learn by doing. One side of the Exploreum is reserved for changing exhibits, so there’s something different to view every few months. There’s also an on-site IMax dome theater.
7. Mobile Bay Ferry If you want to travel from Mobile County to South Baldwin County by water, but you don’t have access to a boat, simply drive to Dauphin Island and pull on to the Mobile Bay Ferry. You’ll enjoy a leisurely 90 minute ride to Fort Morgan, which is just a few miles from the lovely white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico.
8. Magnolia Grove Golf Course — Are you a golfer? If so, be sure to play around at Mobile’s Magnolia Grove golf course, part of the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail.
9. Museum of the City of Mobile How well versed are you on the history of this southern port town? Find out when you visit the city museum in Mobile, Alabama. You’ll learn where Mardi Gras really started, discover Hank Aaron’s hometown find out where Admiral Farragut was when he uttered, Damn the Torpedoes, Full Speed Ahead!.
10. Oakleigh House Museum Do you love antebellum architecture? You’re sure to be delighted with a tour of the lovely Oakleigh House Museum, located in one of the city’s impressive historic districts.
Just the Beginning
This list features just a sampling of the many activities that are available to enjoy in Mobile Bay, Alabama. There are many other museums, opportunities to tour the Delta by airboat, state parks, charming shopping and dining districts, and much more.
For additional information and ideas about what to find out and do when you visit this lovely region, see www.Mobile.org, the official website of the city’s convention and visitor’s bureau.